Wednesday, August 17, 2011

More Chicklets

About a week ago, I looked ahead and realized I was almost out of summer, and I still hadn’t taken pictures of my other two children! I showed you the youngest four children here, and pictures of the beautiful farm where I took their photos here.

So last Thursday I packed them all up and off we went to the farm! I snapped several pictures of my oldest, and then…by battery died. Ack. So…we got to repeat the whole process on Friday!

Naturally I took pictures of everybody all over again this time. I learned a few things the first time, so I had to practice some more. The slightly-sepia-d pictures are the ones I chose to display in my home.

This is Chicklet #1 (14 years). Yes, I have a dreaded teenager…and I *love* it! It’s so fun to have a child old enough to truly be a companion.

kidpicsAugust 009

kidpicsAugust 048-1

Meet Chicklet #2 (12 years). I call him “Sunshine,” because he is such a bright spot in our home! He’s always eager to learn and try new things, he’s generally my most willing helper. He looks so much like his dad; he melts my heart.

kidpicsAugust 059

kidpicsAugust 052-1

This is Chicklet #3 (9 1/2 years). He just started 4th grade, and didn’t want to appear too eager to go to school, although I know he was! He’s got a fiery temper, but he’s also the most willing to help out with the younger kids.

kidpicsAugust 139

kidpicsAugust 108-2

Here’s Little Chick #4 (7 1/2 years). She’s my angel child. In a house full of LOUD children, she’s the one I have to ask to speak up! She’s gentle and tender-hearted, and tries so hard to do what’s right.

kidpicsAugust 090

kidpicsAugust 079-1

Chicklet #5 (6 years) is developing into a tease! He wasn’t a very happy baby/toddler—partly, I think, because of speech issues, and it frustrated him not to be understood. Things have gotten easier as he has gotten older, and he’s just happier because of it. His smile brings me great joy, because there were years when I just didn’t see it that often.

kidpicsAugust 151

kidpicsAugust 168-1

And finally we have Chicklet #6 (3 1/2 years). She’s very secure in her position as ‘baby of the family,’ and knows she’s the most important person in it! This little one wants to dance through life…and I want to let her, as long as possible.

kidpicsAugust 184

kidpicsAugust 201-1

Thanks for coming along to meet them all!

kidpicsAugust 276-1

24 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I had no idea you had so many kiddos! They are all beautiful and I loved how you described each one. Where do you find the time to paint??

The Frosted Gardner said...

Oh Korrie your family is beautiful - and I really dont know how you do it all! You are an amazing mom which is the most important job ever!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful family!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, God bless them! And you,too! : ) They are all beautiful, handsome, cute and adorable. I see similarities between them all. It looks like a good photo shoot and a nice day, too, Korrie.

Full Circle Creations said...

What a beautiful family you have! Love the pics!

Holly

Stephanie said...

Beautiful children! I love that you wrote a little something for each of them!

KimMalk said...

Aww, you got some great photos! My kids don't want to cooperate anymore :/.

josie walrath said...

What a beautiful family you have.Your pictures are great. tfs

Gypsy Heart said...

Korrie, they are all adorable! I so love your description of each one and their personalities. They have beautiful smiles and I know they bring great joy!

How in the world do you do all the painting, etc? You are a super mom, that's for sure! Thanks so much for sharing ~ loved seeing them and these are really great photos.

xo
Pat

Ali Richardson said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am a fairly new reader and I had no idea you had so many kiddos. I feel like my house is a loony bin with just 2, I don't know how you keep your cool. You rock!!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

How in the world do you do all you do with all those chicklets? :)
Very nice photos, but I think your kids are so adorable, that the pictures were easy!
thanks so much for sharing!
gail

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Beautiful kids! And beautiful photos. You have a busy life and yet you still manage to creat all of these wonderful projects and then sell them at the fleas.

Beth said...

You have that many children and yet you still can find time to make so many amazing projects? I'm even more impressed!

Heaven's Walk said...

I agree with everyone else here, Korrie! How in the world do you do it all, girl..??? lol! You are truly amazing, have one beautiful family, and I am in awe of you. :)

xoxo laurie

Ana said...

Oh Korrie,
Your family is absolutely adorable. It was very nice meeting all your cuties. My hat off to you my friend...I have only one and I think I have my hands full...What a whimp huh? Hee, hee, hee. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a beautiful family Korrie! And great photos too. You much be a very busy mom!

bj said...

OOO, what an absolutely OUTSTANDING bunch of little blessings. They are all so so cute...and just looking at their little faces shows me how much they are loved.
You did an awesome job on your photos. You are doing work like profesionals here, girlfriend. Beautiful.

I have 2 children and 10 grands.
Daughter has 4, son has 6. Never a dull moment at either house.
I LOVE IT....SOOO MUCH !
hugs, bj

Myszka said...

Big, happy family:)

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

What a beautiful family you have! It must be such a blessing having so many sweet children loving you right back. Your photos are very good. Shannon

Anonymous said...

Your kids are natural born models,but of course the photographer had something to do with that. Just wonderful.

Unknown said...

Your kids are adorable! What blessings!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful kiddos!

oops! said...

Adorable Family! Like their Mother!

wisp said...

So much cuteness! And they are all growing so fast! I love all the pics. ^_^