Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How Wonderful Life is…

I am suffering from a serious case of ADD lately.  I should be posting more about the Handbuilt Bedroom, but I keep waiting for some LIGHT outside to I can take some better pictures INside.

 Hasn’t happened yet.

Then while my little girl was sick last week, I started painting our downstairs bathroom.  I mixed some colors I had on hand for the walls, but decided I hated it after I had done all the cutting in.  Plus I ran out of paint before I could finish the ceiling, and haven’t gotten back to it yet!

Then there’s my little girls’ room…I bought new beds for them off of Craigslist a couple of weeks ago, and sold their bunk beds right out from under them…so they’ve been sleeping on mattresses on the floor while I try to get motivated to work on their space!

Well, in their case, I have done a couple of things.  I got inspired to work on some artwork for their as-yet-unpainted walls!

Here’s the first…

Red Hen Home 030

(the “o” is a little globe, in case you can’t tell!)

…and the second…

Red Hen Home 027

…and the third!

Red Hen Home 031

I have had a three-pack of 9x12 canvases sitting in my closet for oh, about a year now…  Glad to have finally done something with them!

Red Hen Home 033

I will eventually make these designs available in my Etsy shop.  E-mail me at redhenhome@gmail.com if you’re interested before then!

 
Linking up here:
The Scoop! Elizabeth & Co.
My Repurposed Life Thrifty Décor Chick
Friday Remodelaholic Common Ground
   
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
From My Front Porch to Yours All Star Block Party
A Little Knick Knack
   
   

 

13 comments:

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

That's so funny about the light as that was my problem with taking pictures of my daughters room! I just wrote the post though.. got it done... hope you get your's done soon.. hugs!

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

That's so funny about the light as that was my problem with taking pictures of my daughters room! I just wrote the post though.. got it done... hope you get your's done soon.. hugs!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

what cute artwork Korrie! I can't even pick a favorite - I love them all!

looking silver said...

Are we sisters of different mothers? Same problem here...some people call it procrastination, but it's more like we're great starters and not so great finishers. Have your kids give you a deadline and in turn they have to treat you to something. Everything is about the payoff...satisfaction, praise, accomplishment, pay-check, love.

Good luck. I like your projects and your red hen name. Make it your mantra when you feel the sunlight not hitting in the right spot.

La Verne@hopeandsalvage.com

Bliss said...

I'm thinking those little girls don't mind waiting, they know whatever mama does to finish their room it's going to be wonderful.

Bliss

Cynthia said...

Beautiful paintings, love them! I can't wait to see what you do with the girls room. I am sure they will be very happy and excited when it is finished.

Cynthia

Miss Charming said...

Oh, such fun quotes! These turned out great, Korrie!

SImple and Serene Living said...

The signs are adorable, Korrie :)

Full Circle Creations said...

What cute signs! Great job!

My Repurposed Life said...

ohhh Korrie! Love the canvases... hard to choose a favorite. But Jamie loves owls, so I'll go with that one. love them all!
sometimes you just need to be creative, and not labor so much. ;) yeah, we'll go with that until you find the motivation to work on their rooms.
take care!
gail

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Korrie, you are one busy and creative gal!!! So creative. Hope you little one is feeling better!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job I love what you did with the canvases!!! New follower!!

Would love for you to follow me too :)

www.sherepurposedit.blogspot.com

Beth said...

I can totally relate! I always say that I'm an ADD crafter/DIY'er. So many irons in the fire and nothing is finished. I ADORE your signs! The World & the Owl ones are my favorites though.