Thursday, September 25, 2014

Two shall become One

In the last days of getting ready for The Barn vintage market last August, I was fighting some serious burn-out!  I still had a list of projects I wanted to do, but I was rapidly approaching the “who cares” point…  Have you ever been there with me??

Here’s one little project that barely squeaked in, and I’m so glad it did!

I came across the parts to an antique treadle sewing machine at a garage sale last spring.  It was disassembled, filthy…and I talked the lady down to $7!

Here’s how it looked after I cleaned it, put it together (you can see that the actual foot pedal part is missing, but I didn’t care…see, there’s a theme going on here), and gave it a coat of some black spray paint.

Red Hen Home treadle table 2

The plan was to build a new top, like this other treadle table I made here

But…then I remembered another table top I had in my “stash.”  It was a Goodwill find from over a year ago that I rescued it off of three spindly legs (the legs I burned). 

Red Hen Home treadle table 1

Angels sang!  They were a perfect fit.  I refinished the wood top, added a graphic (of course), and put the two together. 

And then…I took a lousy cell-phone picture.

Red Hen Home treadle table 3

<Sigh.>  Now that…in retrospect…I wish I had cared about!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Cute blog entry -- love the table, makes me wish you were still in Utah so I could buy it from you!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

A perfect pair! And you are so good at the graphics! ... I totally get that moment when you just don't care anymore. That happens to me before every sale. I'm going strong and then I just reach a point where I say, that's it, I'm done!

Cassie Bustamante said...

they look like they were always meant to be!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Looks very nice. Great marriage. Great fix.
Joy

Full Circle Creations said...

Love how it turned out! I know the how cares feeling...in fact I'm there right now with my Open House. :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Hey! what is wrong with lousy cell-phone pictures?!
I think this turned out great!
the graphic was a neat idea...

My Repurposed Life said...

graphic? your signature Korrie! :)

This project turned out soooo sweet. I have an old sewing machine base that I've been trying to figure out what piece it wants to marry. I'm sure I have something hanging around. I'll have to investigate soon.

Pinned!

gail